Sunday, January 29, 2012

There She Is!....Miss Mississippi!

I picked up a new publication this month--one that I've read for 25 years. It's the Mississippi Catholic, and I'm excited that I wrote my first article in the newspaper this month.

Enjoy! http://www.mississippicatholic.com/categories/diocese/2012/012012/mississippi.html

I received some exciting news last week: I was listed as "good showing" for Jackson's Best Writer in the Jackson Free Press's annual "Best of Jackson" awards. That's the same as fourth place. The humbling part is that I was in the category with Kathryn Stockett, author of "The Help," Beth Kander, a Jackson copywriter, playwrite and blogger, and Jill Conner Browne, of Sweet Potato Queen fame, not to mention the bevy of books she's penned. To even be mentioned in their presence is a huge honor. The Best of Jackson awards party is tonight at the King Edward Hotel in downtown Jackson. I'll miss it, partly because I want my daughter, Nicole, to enjoy her spotlight (she was awarded Best Dancer--not bad for a walking quadriplegic!) and because, well, I'm writing. I have assignments due tomorrow!

Time to go mix up some more words in the blender...write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment